Phew! So much new work to show, I'm tempted to split this into multiple posts. I might as well start with what I finished a few minutes ago, colorized version of a monster I drew a couple weeks ago.
It's my first painting of the quarter, so expect plenty more. His tail looks like it's made out of candy corns! XD
Next up on these four sketchbook pages are some creature and environment designs for a probable side project. trying to push style and variety here. Trying to imagine different domiciles and types of trees that are visually interesting. lots more where that came from! Mostly done without reference, except for the marmots and the elephant on this first page.
I had a really bad night a little while back, and decided to channel it into a few pages of creepy shit. Just playing with patterns, teeth, and visceral imagery. None of this was really intended on being something specific, mostly just scribbles turning into monsters. The guy with the horns on the third page here was meant to be some sort of demon, and I toyed around with a couple other sketches of him, which i might post at some point. The giant thing next to him could be just about anything, but i like to think it's his throne or something.
Right above this text are two more pages for the side project. Some potential desert creatures (including a rock worm) and some ideas for mountains with large slits cut into them.
Below is the 3D version of the concept art for the futuristic Egyptian mausoleum. I'm not totally pleased with how it turned out due to the fact that it was rushed, but I'll throw it in for a comparison with the concept piece.
Last but CERTAINLY not least, is a near-finished render of the entire swamp scene for my background design and layout class. I must note that I'm not responsible for everything seen here. The background image, the trees, and the textures for the boards as well as a few small objects were done by my group members. What I did was create everything in the main hut, which was repeated in the smaller huts, and modeled the boards and stakes, as well as details like the spears, tiki, skull, etc. I also designed the layout and was responsible for lighting the scene. The second image was entirely my work, although it was before a few problems were fixed.
Credit for everything I didn't just mention goes to my group members Maria Schaeffer, Bryan Sanders, Nathan Thunder, and Chelsi Schetzle.
...and that's it! There are a few things I've done in the last day or so that I didn't include here, but I'll get them in the next batch. Any feedback is encouraged!