Friday, February 18, 2011


 Thanks to a few friends and the Zbrush Club at the school, I'm finally waist deep in Zbrush and loving every minute of it. This is a Dilophosaurus that I just finished a couple days ago for the club.
Next I've got some thumbnails for a project in character modeling, although the original concept was already what I was going to use for the model, I did a few variations just to see if I could come up with something I liked more. Next is the base mesh that I built in Maya; it's around 4,000 tris. I already have the polypainting done, so I'll probably post the normal, diffuse, and spec maps on the low poly in my next update. I also cleaned up the sculpting detail a bit. Made in 3 or 4 days.

 Next is another project for the club, a primate bust of a gorilla. 5 hours total, from base mesh to sculpting and poly painting. I was pretty pleased with this one, except I wish I had taken a different method to imply the fur.
 This was the first thing I really tried sculpting and poly painting in Zbrush, only took it up to 4 or 5 subdivision levels, and used it as a means to learn a lot of the tools that I applied in more recent projects (like the dilophosaurus)

 These are some super quick little character thumbnails for my second character in my Character Modeling class.
 Lastly, a page of quick black and white thumbnails for pillar ideas, some modeled (and unwrapped, but not textured, except for the pillar) assets for my Advanced Level Design project, as well as a zbrush render of the high poly pillar. I wasn't as happy with how it turned out, but I'd never tried hard surface sculpting before.